IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH HEREIN, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE & SERVICES.
• Information Trovi Collects and Receives
• Information Usage
• Sharing Information with Third Parties
• Third-Party Content
• Social Networks
• Cookies and Other Technologies
• Children Under 13
• Data Retention
• Transfer of Data Outside Your Territory
• Information Security
• Do Not Track
• How to Contact Trovi
Information Trovi Collects and Receives
When you install, use, and interact with the Software & Services, we automatically collect and store the following information:
1. Technical Information. Certain technical information regarding your use, access, and interaction with the Software & Services, including the type and version of browser, operating system and software and/or applications which interact with the Software & Services, ISP (Internet Service Provider), location, Internet Protocol (IP) address, user identifiers, device configuration and identifiers (UDID and the like), version of the Software & Services, and your configuration and settings of the Software & Services;
2. Usage of Information. Certain usage-related information regarding your use and interaction with the Software & Services, such as when and how you install and use the Software & Services, how you use your Internet browser and Internet search-related applications, the web pages you visit and the Content you see, access, and utilize on such web pages; for example, offerings and advertisements that you view, use, and access, how you use them and your response to them, how frequently you use them, your search queries, and the time and date of your searches;
3. Social Networks. Your interactions on social networks through the Software & Services;
4. Registration-Related Information. Information you provide when you register for the Software & Services, such as name, home or work address, email address, telephone and fax number, birth date, and gender (as applicable); and
5. Support-Related Information. If you communicate with us via our support section or via email, we may also collect your email address, name, and any information voluntarily submitted by you in connection with such support (for example, your name, company name, and particular support query or request). Such information will only be used to provide you with support services and will not be connected with any other information collected from you on or through the Software & Services, including any individual User ID (as defined below) generated or collected by us.
When you install and use the Software & Services, we automatically generate an anonymous, non-personally identifiable internal user ID, which is assigned to your use of the Software & Services (the "User ID") and may be combined with any of the above information.
Trovi may use the information it collects for analytical, business, and operational purposes in the following ways:
1. To operate and update the Software & Services, and provide you with existing and new functionality and features;
2. To improve and customize the Software & Services user experience, and provide you with personalized Content, including through the delivery of targeted, interest-based advertisements from us or our partners;
3. To maintain and improve the quality and operation of the Software & Services;
4. To notify you of Software & Services updates;
5. To provide you with support and handle your complaints and/or feedback;
6. To take any action in the event of a dispute involving you in connection with the Software & Services;
7. To enforce the terms and conditions applicable to the Software & Services and to prevent unlawful activities and misuse thereof; and
8. To comply with and satisfy any applicable law regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may share with third parties the information collected in any of the following events:
• If we are required by law to disclose your information, we may share your information with law enforcement or other competent authorities and any third-party, as may be required (e.g., to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; to respond to claims or satisfy any legal process, subpoena, or governmental request; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Trovi’s users, its partners, or the general public);
• In the event that Trovi goes through a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by another company, consolidation, change of control, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your information will be among the assets transferred;
In any case other than the above, we will not share your PII with third parties without your prior consent.
Certain Software & Services may include Content and/or enable you to add Content to them yourself. This Content may take the form of apps, buttons, gadgets, links to third-party advertisements, websites, products, and services (including search services), as well as additional means that are provided to you by third parties (collectively, "Third-Party Content and Services"). The use of such Third-Party Content and Services is subject to their privacy policies, and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties. In addition, Trovi provides such third parties with a large number of tools to enable them to create interesting and unique apps, buttons, and gadgets using the Trovi platform. Some of these tools may give these third parties the ability to access, collect, store, and/or share your information – both your PII and non-personally identifiable information. In order to clarify, we do not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to such Third-Party Content and Services, and your access to any Third-Party Content and Services is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the information contained in, made available through, and/or your use or inability to use such Third-Party Content and Services. You expressly relieve us from any and all liability arising from your use of such Third-Party Content and Services. We recommended that you read the terms, conditions, and privacy policies of such Third-Party Content and Services before using or accessing any of them.
You may also choose to activate additional features that provide you with the ability to update and use your favorite social networks directly from the Software & Services. During such activation, you may be asked to grant Trovi permission to compile certain information from such social networks. This information may include friend or contact lists, notes, updates, and photos, and may be used by Trovi to customize the Content available to you through the Software & Services, suggest new features and Content that may be relevant to you, or provide Trovi with data for statistical purposes. Please refer to the policies of your social network for any questions or concerns you may have. You may opt not to grant Trovi access to your social network account(s) at any time by changing your social network settings or by revoking Trovi’s access thereto.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Cookies and other technologies help Trovi learn how you use the Software & Services, what pages and sections are most attractive to you, which of the Software & Services are most interesting to you, and what kinds of offers you like to see.
We may collect certain information about you through blocks of code called “pixels” or “web beacons”, and send it to our servers and to our partners. We or our partners package all or part of this information into small text files called cookies, which are sent to your computer. For example, cookies may store your Software & Services’ configurations and preferences, search queries made through the Software & Services, the web pages you accessed, your interaction with advertisements presented to you via the Software & Services, features you used, and your session duration.
The cookies sent to and stored on your computer allow us and our partners to recognize you on your next use of or visit to the Software & Services, or on your visits to our partners’ website or a website on their network (i.e., sites and services outside of Trovi).
• Facilitate and enhance your interaction and activities with the Software & Services;
• Provide you with personalized Content, which may include interest-based information, online ads, or other marketing materials, on or through the Software & Services and on third-party websites and properties;
• Analyze the information collected from you and help manage and optimize the Software & Services;
• Track and measure various performance and demographic parameters of advertising campaigns, including, without limitation, analyzing which ads your browser has loaded, which site pages you may have been viewing when the ads were delivered or accessed, and your interaction with the ad.
While most browsers are set up to accept cookies by default, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is sent. However, some functions of the Software & Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. By using the Software & Services, you affirmatively consent to the collection of information and cookies as described above.
Children Under 13
The Software & Services are not intended for users under the age of 13, and you hereby represent that you are at least 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect, use, share, or disclose any personal information from children under the age of 13. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage, so that we can verify that minors under the age of thirteen (13) are not using the Trovi Software.
We advise parents and guardians to regularly monitor their children's use of email and other online communications and activities. Safe browsing tools that create a safer online environment for children are available from third-party online services and software providers.
If it comes to our knowledge that a person under the age of thirteen (13) is using the Software & Services, we will prohibit and block such a user from accessing the Software & Services, and will make all efforts to promptly delete any PII with regard to such user, as applicable.
You may send us a request to access the PII that we collect through your use of the Software & Services. In such case, we may require that you provide us with additional information to verify your identity.
Transfer of Data Outside Your Territory
The Software & Services work over the Internet. We may store and process information in various locations throughout the globe. If you are a resident of a jurisdiction where transfer of your PII to another jurisdiction requires your consent, then you hereby provide us with your express consent to such transfer of your data.
We implement measures to secure the PII that we collect from you in order to minimize the risks of damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute information security. Therefore, although we make efforts to secure your PII, we cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that the Software & Services and its databases are immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unauthorized interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track is a privacy preference that can be configured in certain web browsers (the "DNT Feature"). When enabled on a web browser, the DNT Feature signals to the websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about your visits. As the Internet industry is in the process of defining how to interpret signals sent by the DNT Features, Trovi does not currently respond or recognize DNT Feature signals.